HOW TO GET SKINNY TIPS
1. Determine your body type and choose a realistic role model. You can use the body type calculator to help you.
2. Determine and keep track of your body fat percentage. Ensure that you maintain a healthy level of body fat. Too little body fat can be just a dangerous as too much body fat, especially for women and even more so for young women. Ideally you should get your body fat percentage measured professionally. To get a ROUGH idea you can use the body fat calculator- but still get measured! When you get your TEAM BEACHBODY Challenge kit use get instructions on how to measure.
3. Determine your ideal weight based on your body type.
4. Create a calorie deficit by lowering your caloric intake by 15 – 20% below what you normally need to maintain your weight. You can use the calorie calculator to find out your calorie needs. Steer clear of crash dieting and extremely low calorie intakes to avoid triggering your starvation protection mechanism. Take the guess work on how many calories you need with the Challenge kit.
5. Eat 5 – 6 small meals throughout the day to keep your metabolism high and to avoid cheating. Using TEAM BEACHBODY containers makes it easy. Simple menus with clean eating.
6. Cardiovascular exercise is an absolute requirement. If you want to get skinny and toned, and avoid looking skinny fat, you have to exercise. Exercise will increase the calorie deficit you have created through diet to increase weight loss and also creates a better body. Dieting gets rid of fat, but it does not create a stunning body – exercise does. Exercise will improve muscle tone and increase your metabolism. The boost in metabolism is important, because dieting DECREASES metabolism. Exercise will help counteract that decrease, as well as improve your cardiovascular fitness and general health. Try a weight loss exercise plan based around cardio.
7. To get skinny and look great you need to do resistance training. Dieting usually causes loss of muscle mass, which decreases metabolism, as muscle is metabolically active. Therefore, resistance training will help stave off the loss of muscle that usually occurs and increase metabolism. Furthermore, if you lose muscle you’re more likely to look skinny fat and suffer with cellulite. It is muscle that gives the body a healthy, shapely and tight contour. For example, anyone with nice legs also has to have great leg muscles, which gives those legs shape; otherwise they look unhealthy, shapeless and wobbly.
8. Learn how to power walk. Power Walking is an excellent way to get skinny, fit and fabulous. It is a guaranteed way to get skinny fast. Try a beginners walk program.
9. Check out 21 Day Fix . This program is geared at weight loss, getting slim and toned, while avoiding looking over trained and muscular. Special for the month of June.
10. Add Max30 (high-intensity interval training) to your exercise routine. This is a sure-fire way to blast fat and get skinny. It is a weight loss magic bullet. Max30 involves short bouts of intense exercise separated by short periods of recovery. In all Max30 only lasts about 20 minutes. However, studies suggest it is more effective than a steady-state 40-minute workout. Your metabolism stays elevated for up to 24 hours afterwards. Research also shows that Max30 may burn up to 9x more fat than regular exercise.
Remember, before you start a new nutritional and/ or exercise program clear it with your doctor. If you have any questions about healthy weight loss and body fat percentages your doctor will be happy to help. With TEAM BEACHBODY we take the word DIET out of your vocabulary and add life style change.