Honey Cumin Chicken
Summer is here.. time for some great healthy grilling
2 Tbsp. raw honey
2 Tbsp. 100% orange juice
4 (4-oz.) each raw chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. ground cumin
Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
1. Preheat grill to medium.
2. Combine honey and orange juice in a small bowl; whisk to blend. Set aside.
3. Brush each chicken breast lightly with oil. Sprinkle both sides evenly with cumin, salt (if desired), and pepper (if desired).
4. Place chicken on grill; cook, without turning, for 5 minutes. When chicken releases easily from the grill, turn, cook for an additional 3 minutes.
5. Reduce grill heat to low. Brush chicken evenly with honey mixture. Be careful, honey will burn if exposed to flames. Grill until a meat thermometer inserted into the center of each breast reads 160°F*. Remove from grill. Let chicken rest 5 minutes before serving.
* The FDA suggests cooking chicken to a temperature of 165°F. Chicken will continue to cook after it is removed from heat, so we recommend that it be removed from the grill at 160°F to prevent drying out.
Nutrition per serving: 184 calories, 7 g fat, 10 g carbohydrates, 23 g protein
Subscribe and get notice to more summer recipes..
Your Partner in health,